Add Items to a Costing
There are several ways to add Items to a costing.
You can add Items from suppliers' Pricelists, you can Import items from other Costings, or create a new unique item. There are other methods like adding a bunch of items using assemblies or sections as well.
to add an Item:
1. Click on the Cost Estimate module, and click Items.
2. Select the Costing you want to add item from the left panel under the Projects tab.
3. Select the WBS node in which you want to add Item under the WBS tab.
4. Click on Add Item button under the Items Group on the top ribbon to open the Add Item page.
Adding item to
The first step is to make sure the destination address and WBS is correct.
If you have multiple WBSs for your job, make sure the item is going into the correct location.
Add Items from Pricelists
To add items from Pricelists:
1. Click the Pricelist button on Step 2 to see the headings and Structures.
2. Select a structure to see the items
3. Select the Item you want to add
4. Click Add button on the right corner of the page.
If you want to open the item to edit once it's added, keep the checkbox close to Add button.
It is a good idea to get the added items opened to change the quantities, select the product, and save. In this case, you make create your estimate, BOQ, Suppliers, and costing as you go ahead.
You can also create new Price list Item in the selected structure by clicking the + New Item button and add it to your costing as well.
Add items from other Costings
To add items from other costings:
1. Click the Other Costings button on Step 2 to see the the list of Costings and WBS list.
2. Select the costing from which you want to import item from the drop down list.
3. Select the WBS heading in which you can find yor item.
4. Select the WBS from the list where you can find the item.
5. Select the Item you want t import.
6. Click Add button on the right corner of the page.
If you want to open the item to edit once it's added, keep the checkbox close to Add button, otherwise, uncheck it.
Add a new Unique Item
To add a new unique items to your costing:
1. Click the Unique New Item button on Step 2 to see the boxes to create a new item.
2. Give the new item a name and description.
3. Select the cost type and unit for the item. If you don't see a proper unit, click on the edit button next to units / cost type and add or edit the units.
4. Give the new item a Price and a Quantity.
5. Click Add button on the right corner of the page.
Once you have added your items, close this page, go back to Cost Estimate > Items and see your new items in your list
To select suppliers for your item, see Select Product.